What's new in MBLibs
05-Dec-2010: Release 09.
The old version of the Modbus SimpleClient has been replaced by a new
one that offers an improved programming interface. The old version is
still available for existing programs, but the new version should be used
in all new applications.
This release brings this version into alignment with the current release
of the MBLogic soft logic automation platform.
- The soft logic system has added real time clock in the system data
registers. Note, the day of week is different from how the Click
- A minor bug has been fixed for up/down counters. The bug would cause a
logic fault if an incorrect number of parameters were provided.
- Down counters now set their status bits when the current value is less
than the preset. This brings them into conformance with the Click PLC.
MBLogic tries to be similar to the Click PLC, but strict conformance is
not guaranteed if it does not make sense to do so. However since this was
a basic PLC feature this was judged to be a bug and fixed accordingly.
Check your programs to see if this affects you.
- Counter data values can now be set directly using COPY instructions.
Prior to this, the counters kept an internal copy which could not be
affected by direct manipulation of the data table (CTDx addresses).
05-Jul-2010: Release 08.
There are no functional changes. This release simply aligns the file
versions with those currently shipping in other programs.
- Corrections to source code documentation. No functional changes.
- Changes from last MBLogic soft logic release were backported to this
library. The changes improved the ability to perform on line reload
21-May-2010: Release 07.
- This release adds a new protocol - SAIA SBus. This is the first
release for this protocol.
10-Nov-2009: Release 06.
- This release updates MBLogicEngineCk to the same version as currently used
- MBLogicEngineCk has undergone major changes, including a complete
overhaul of the compiler interface in order to support new features in
MBLogic. If you are upgrading from an older version, the initialisation
and program load methods have undergone a slight changed. See the
documentation for details.
- The documentation for MBLogicEngineCk has been completely revised
and greatly extended. All instructions are now documented in detail in
a single PDF file.
- The COPY instruction has been improved for faster performance. It
is now uses the faster copy method in more cases, and it has improved error
25-Sep-2009: Release 05.
- There are no new features in this release. This is a bug fix
- This release fixes a bug in the Modbus/TCP server library involving
an incorrect message length calculation which may have affected some
users when used in combination with some functions on some clients.
- If you have not experiencing any problems, there is no need to
- Thanks to Brandon McLean for finding this problem and providing the
information necessary to solve it.
20-Jul-2009: Release 04.
- This release brings the soft logic library into sync with the
version released with release 11 of the main MBLogic package. There are
no new important features which affect using this package as a stand
alone library (except for the increase in the maximum permitted floating
- The size of floating point values which the soft logic system will accept
has been increased from 3.5E37 to 1.5E307. (This was from release 10 of
- The soft logic system was extensively revised to accomodate creating
ladder diagrams. This should not cause any user visible changes to the
soft logic instructions or performance. This feature is mainly of use
in systems which have additional software to support displaying ladder
26-Apr-2009: Release 03.
- The soft logic COPY instruction has been optimised and is now
approximately 5 times faster when copying constants or registers
of compatible types.
- The implementation of the decimal math exponent operator has been
improved which may result in marginally faster program load times.
There should be no user visible change in behaviour.
- The soft logic system has two new soft logic data table address ranges,
XS and YS. These are signed integer equivalents to XD and YD (which are
unsigned integer). These are intended to allow easier copying of data
into the soft logic data table when using signed integer data.
- The protocol library "ModbusDataStrLib" has a new set of list oriented
data conversion functions. This permits handling Modbus data as lists
of integers or lists of booleans instead of as strings. This provides
much simpler and more flexible data handling.
15-Mar-2009: Release 02.
- First release as MBLibs package. MBLogicEngineCk and MBProtocols
are released together.
- MBLogicEngineCk has been updated to reflect the changes resulting from
integration into MBServer/MBLogic.
- First release of MBProtocols as a package. This was previously released
as part of other packages.
2008-12-06: Release 1.
- Initial release of MBLogicEngineCk version.