Input Instruction Buttons:
The input instruction buttons allow input instructions (including
branches) to be added to the matrix.
Selecting Input Instructions
All inputs can be used in "single input" matrices. Branches may not
be used in double or triple input matrices. Classes of instructions are
selected by clicking on the tab above the buttons.
Most instructions have a 4 part button. Clicking on the central
part of the button will replace the instruction in the current matrix
location to be replaced with the new instruction. Clicking on the arrow
shaped area on the periphery of the button will move left, right, or down
one matrix position and then replace the new matrix location with the new
instruction. This allows moving to a new location and inserting an
instruction to be accomplished with a single mouse click.
- Button with 4 parts.
- Overwrite current position with the instruction.
- Move left one position and overwrite.
- Move right one position and overwrite.
- Move down one position and overwrite.
Disabling of Buttons for Incompatible Matrix Types
Branch instructions may not be used in rungs with "double" or "triple"
input output instructions. The branch buttons will be automatically disabled
on these rungs.
The boolean inputs include the following instructions:
- NO contact. This includes AND, OR, and STR.
- NC contact. This includes ANDN, ORN, and STRN.
- One shot rising. This includes ANDPD, ORPD, and STRPD.
- One shot falling. This includes ANDND, ORND, and STRND.
The compare inputs include the following instructions:
- If parm1 equals param2. This includes ANDE, ORE, and STRE.
- If parm1 is not equal to parm2. This includes ANDNE, ORNE, and STRNE.
- If parm1 > parm2. This includes ANDGT, ORGT, and STRGT.
- If parm1 < parm2. This includes ANDLT, ORLT, and STRLT.
- If parm1 >= parm2. This includes ANDGE, ORGE, and STRGE.
- If parm1 <= parm2. This includes ANDLE, ORLE, and STRLE.
Each branch instruction occupies a single matrix position. Branches are not
required to start the left side of a rung. However, all branches on the right
side of a rung must be closed.
When input instructions are inserted into a rung, a horizontal rail will
automatically connect the inputs to the outputs. However, these do not
represent branche instructions which were actually inserted into the matrix.
Rather, they simply represent connecting logic which is simply "assumed"
to be present. Additional input instructions which are inserted may cause
these rails to be automatically trimmed or removed. If this should happen,
the missing connections should be replaced with explicit branch
The edit buttons allow instructions to be inserted or deleted.
- INS CELL - Insert an empty cell into the current position,
moving any existing instructions on the same row to the right by one
position. Other rows will not be affected.
- INS ROW - Insert an entire empty matrix row, moving any existing
instructions below that row down one position.
- INS COL - Insert an entire empty matrix column, moving any existing
instructions to the right of that row right one position.
- DEL CELL- Delete a cell at the current position, moving any existing
instructions on the same row to the left by one position. Other rows
will not be affected.
- DEL ROW - Delete an entire matrix row, moving any existing
instructions below that row up one position. The bottom row
will become empty.
- DEL COL- Delete an entire matrix column, moving any existing
instructions to the right of that row left one position. The
rightmost column will become empty.
- DEL - Delete the instruction at the current location, leaving an
empty cell. Other cells will not be affected.